If you have acne or or are scarring from acne, you know just how frustrating it can be—but you’re not alone!
In fact, acne is one of the most commonly experienced skin conditions affecting millions of people every year. It’s not just a matter of how you look as it sometimes brings psychological problems too.
Do you wish your skin would heal and clear up for good? Then keep reading! This article will help you find ways to treat your acne issues, so you can find relief from the blemishes and skin irritations that have been bothering you for years.
But First, What Causes Acne Scarring?
Acne can occur at any age but is most common during puberty. It happens when oil and dead skin cells get trapped in hair follicles under the surface of your skin. The bacteria that causes acne multiplies in this environment and releases toxins that provoke inflammation and lead to spots forming on your skin.
If there are many spots, they can join together to form a big sore called an acne cyst (or nodule). Small sores on your skin are known as pustules or papules (pimples). When these burst, they can leave scars on your face that can last for years after the spot has gone away. Over time, the scars can actually grow in size and become permanent if left untreated.
Acne Scarring Solutions Near McLean, VA
We all understand the pain and struggle that comes with acne scars, but we also know there are methods to get rid of them. Here are a few proven treatments for various skin conditions and concerns:
- Chemical Peels: A unique formula removes the outer layer of dead skin while triggering the production of fresh new cells that grow back smoother than before—resulting in clearer, more youthful skin.
- IPL Skin Rejuvenation: Some skincare products might improve the appearance of damaged or wrinkled skin, but Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatments produce better results that last longer.
- Medical-Grade Facials: Facial treatments can support or enhance other chemical or surgical anti-aging procedures, such as Xeomin and Morpheus8.
- Medical-Grade Skincare: A trained aesthetician can create a customized skincare regimen using medical-grade products designed to improve your skin’s texture, tone, and health.
- Morpheus8: Via specially insulated needles, Morpheus8 delivers high-intensity radio frequency energy into the targeted tissue, stimulating collagen and elastin and enhancing skin tightening.
- AviClear: AviClear is an effective, non-invasive laser treatment that’s FDA-cleared for treating mild to severe acne. With contact-cooling technology, it’s safe and effective for all skin tones. AviClear improves the appearance of existing acne and prevents new breakouts.
Though treatments aren’t one size fits all, a lot can be done to reduce the appearance of acne scars. Whether one or a combination of a few of these acne treatments is right for your skin, it’s important to know that you have options.
Evexia Medspa | Transform Your Skin!
Are you tired of the scars that acne leaves behind? Wondering how to build confidence through body positivity?
At Evexia Medspa, we know how frustrating and embarrassing acne scars can be. That’s why we offer a variety of acne scar treatment solutions designed to reduce the appearance of your acne scars and help you feel more confident about how you look.
Our McLean team of experts has been helping clients like you for many years—and we’re dedicated to getting results. Whether your scars are fresh or old, we have time-tested methods that can reduce their appearance and help you feel confident in your skin again.
We use state-of-the-art technology as well as chemical peels, injectables, and microdermabrasion treatments to deliver stunning results. We also take a multidimensional approach to determining which acne scar treatment will work best for each individual client.
If you’re ready to get rid of those unsightly marks once and for all, contact us today!